- Watch out for potholes, wherever you are
- Lesotho has a high population of livestock – take extreme care.
- Four-wheel drive is not essential and only required for the adventurous traveler heading off the main routes.
- Driving, especially in wet weather, can be challenging and there are few facilities outside the main towns.
- When driving in the mountains in winter it is advisable to carry tire chains because the snow drifts can become impassable.
- If traveling to Afriski, always check the www.afriski.net website for an update of the road conditions and recent snowfalls.
- During thunderstorm months between November and March, flash floods occur in the mountains and river levels can increase dramatically and within minutes.
- A 50 km/h speed limit applies in urban areas
- 80 km/h is a maximum speed that can be maintained on all other roads. Keep this in mind when estimating traveling times between points.
Travel safely, and enjoy your holiday at the top of Southern Africa!